My feet are killing me!
A whole day of standing and running around in baju kurong to refill the buffet table while maintaining a graceful poise. Phew! That’s the second day of Hari Raya in the household.
I shudder thinking of tomorrow. Not so much standing around but I’ve got FIVE open houses to visit. Bless my friends for being so generous! I will try to eat in moderation.
In the spirit of moderation, here are my hari raya restrictions:
- No soft drinks! Just warm/cold water for me thanks! (But I never refuse a cup of tea with no sugar. :))
- Eat a small bit of everything, with just a tiny portion of rice.
- INDULGE in the fruit platter/ulam-ulaman (when available)
- One piece of cake per house maximum unless it’s really pretty and it’s really nyaman.
- Unlimited nut quota.
- Stop getting annoyed when people ask about “when you’re ever going to finish UBD”.
- Stop getting annoyed. It’s Hari Raya.
- Stop thinking about Kapal Belia. You have a life remember?
Oh I’m so tired, I miss Ramadhan already.
And hey, happy first birthday Miss Ziya!