How do you measure a year in your life?
Looking back, I think that 2008 definitely has been a very very eventful year for me. I’ve done so much, and in the process, learnt so many new things and met so many new people.
At the beginning half of the year, I was actually feeling rather stuck as if I was unable to break free from this very suffocating rut. It’s the same feeling I get when I have to wash an impossible mountain of dishes after a curry dinner and God knows how much I don’t want to! Phew.
I was also a little (a lot) quiet in the blogging scene, and I felt that my writings don’t seem to be as candid as I was when I first started out. Truth be told, I really felt uninspired.
I hope in 2009, I will regain the zest and honesty that made this blog worthwhile reading in the first place. In the spirit of the new year, let me recap 2008.
- My conversion to the dark side. I love my PS2!
- The shocking passing of one of my favorite actors, Heath Ledger.
- KB Bloggers’ Night in Serikandi where I won loads of stuff. By the way, I’ve never actually used the sandwich maker but I use the water boiler everyday! Hehe. Very useful for people who are too lazy to go downstairs for Milo.
- Youtube blocked! Nooooo! And then unblocked. Yeaaayyyy!
- Tangah Laki came to berdudun (He really should make a come back some day!)
- Turquoise and Roses covers worst flood in Temburong District.
- Teaching Practice! *arghhhhhh*
- My reunion with long lost friend. (We’re still in touch by the way!)
- Teacher Maurina with the tunas bangsa celebrates National Day and somehow ended up in the news.
- Won BND$500 for the school in our efforts to save the environment.
- My sixteenth birthday eve post.
- Second KB Bloggers’ Gathering! What great fun! (OMG, my hair was so long!)
- Recognise him? I’m so proud of him and how far he has gone. I hope he will continue to improve and go further in the industry.
- Spectacular XPDC with the Gemilang members around Sabah! One of the rather uncharacteristic things I did last year. I’ve learnt so many things on this trip.
- Met BOBO.
- One of the best posts ever: I’ve never felt so satisfied writing this post. That sense of accomplishment can only be felt when one is truly happy.
- WyWy Restaurant porky. And then not. I haven’t been there after the incident. How about you guys?
- Pajamas are really comfortable things to wear to watch movies!
- Trapped! I told you we have a rat problem.
- Bintang SMSH. 🙂 The only thing I really enjoyed about my teaching practice. I’ve never seen the students learn and enjoy so much in one event.
- Simpur Bloggies come to an end with Kurapak’s victory! Mr Kurapak gave me his t-shirt. Hehe. I made him promise to give me a Kurapak t-shirt if he won and he did. Love it, and all my friends are jealous!
- The Miele Guide!
- The Tempoyak Incident during the AUN Youth Summit! What a catastrophe! Hahaha.
- Yummy ambuyat post!
- Renewed my passport. Actually by then, I already knew that I was going to join SSEAYP, that’s why I had to renew my passport eventhough I really had no money at the time. I didn’t really want to announce it on the blog because it was not confirmed yet. At this point, the Ministry chose me as the final 40, and it was not down to the final 28 just yet, so in my mind, I wanted to keep it under wraps until I am named as the final 28.
- Joined Tourism. For fun. I’ve since left the job for another one that offered better money in another field altogether (Research). I’ve also left that job and is now currently happilly unemployed and studying in the University of Life.
- The beginning of a chapter in my life I shall never ever forget. I definitely recommend this program to all youths who seek to discover themselves. As a warning, you need to have a high level of endurance and high capacity to have fun!
- Attended a make-up course. (Joined it as part of my self-discovery)
- Bruneian models!
- The Great Pencilnose Campaign! I always have a suspicion that Bruneians are fun loving and silly when they want to be, and the response I got to this campaign proved it!
- My degree, officially ended here. A few months later, I was very upset on the day that I was supposed to graduate. 4 years of University and I celebrated my Convocation in Sheraton Miyako with tears.
- Homaigat, went to China for China-ASEAN Youth Arts Festival!
- Life started to become unbelievably busy. (Which I secretly liked. My daily schedule was work during the day, and training at night. I had no life.)
- Back home from one of the greatest moments of my life. (Our Orientation for SSEAYP)
- Briyani Amal. Charity work during Ramadhan. Time flies so fast, it’s Ramadhan already?
- Selamat Hari Raya and birth of alter-blog, Makan Saja. 🙂
- I love my Pearl. She has been extremely useful all through my trips the past few months and I love her to bits, even if she’s not a Mac. Hehe. My first love will always be my Baby Mac, but Pearl comes a close second.
- Leaving on a jet plane. The 35th SSEAYP officially starts!
- I was in Japan!
- Left for Nippon Maru.
November (Menghilang sejenak dari dunia cyber, untuk negaraku tercinta.)
- …I was in Vietnam!
- …I was in the Philippines!
- …And finally back home. 🙂
- Then went on vacation to KK.
That was a great year. A really great one.