I come home from work late. So most of the meals I manage to cook when my husband is around are one pot, with low prep times and basically super easy.
Last night, for dinner was a fabulous lamb stew.
This dish can be easy or complicated, depends on you. I’ve skipped many steps for this one for no other reason but cause I am lazy and hungry haha.
Deeeeelicious with rice or mashed potatoes. If you have leftovers- put it in pastry and it’s a fabulous pie!
By the way, the original recipe uses leek, but it was sooooooo expensive today in Supasave ($3.40 per leek!!!!) so I decided to omit! I happily report the taste is not really compromised by this omission haha.
EASY LAMB STEW
- 300 – 400 gm lamb cubes
- 2 carrots (chopped in big pieces)
- 2-3 large potatoes (chopped in big pieces)
- 2 onions (halved then quartered)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp herbes de provence
- Dash of worchestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Gather all ingredients except water in a big pot. I use my big ass cast iron pot.
- Fill the pot up with water enough to cover everything.
- Put on the stove – wait for it to bubble then reduce heat and gently simmer for 1 hour or so until meat and potatoes are all fork tender.
Add peas on top if you like.
Serve with rice or mashed potatoes. 😍😍😍