Ok so I’m the fourth person to blog about the Girly Bloggers’ Lunch. This came right after the Empire lunch that I had. Needless to say, by the end of the day I was bursting out of my baju kurong.
It all started when Nonnie posted a message on the Girly Bloggers’ Googlegroup (yes we have one, so if you are a girl blogger, and wish to be included in future Girly Blogger outings, please do not hesitate to email me for an invitation). Anyway, this is what she said:
Wanna go out lunch or tea this week?
How about this Thursday? Or Friday?
Erm, and Rosie said no sushi.
So we all went: YES, and I suggested Red Canopy as a meeting place.
Anyway, I am not kidding: we laughed so hard that day! At one point, I thought we were chasing away other customers who were also there. The lunch was followed by mocca and chai at Fleur De Lys. I was thankful for the strong seams on my baju kurong.
Conversation that ensued (in no particular order):
- Flaming comments are always very personal
- I’m not from Arabic school
- Interesting birthday presents
- Incest, murder and other heinous crimes
- Outward Bound Temburong
- Importance of context while meeting other bloggers
- Brother of one of the bloggers
- Ambulance chasers
- Photoshopping blemishes
- War’s signature pose
- Leave-on shampoo
….whew! and I say YES to bowling!
Related posts (and pictures!):
- RD285 – Surf’s up & RD 287 – Pichas hehe
- This eclair is mine!
- Thanks girls!
- And I’ll invent the “Leave in Shampoo”