I thought I’d publish this recipe here since my husband loved it(doesn’t really happen often)!
It’s saucy, kind of healthy (good for those with a cold, ginger is warming) and best of all, super quick to prepare for us part time housewives.
By the way I totally recommend everyone to grow their own spring onions! Post about that another time.
Here is the recipe!
Stir Fried Chicken with Ginger and Scallion
Serves 3 – Ready in 15 to 20 mins.
- 2 chicken breasts – sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- Half an onion sliced
- 2 inches ginger – sliced or jullienned (up to u)
- A whole bunch of scallions/spring onions (more is better!)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (can omit if you are on a no soy diet tapi benda ani nyaman)
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate chicken with cornflour and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Prep the sauce: combine oyster sauce, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and water in a bowl until well mixed.
- Heat remaining oil in a wok, add ginger and onions and cook until smells heavenly, add in the chicken, and stir until almost cooked. In goes the sauce. Simmer for a 10-15 seconds and check salt level. If not enough then season to taste.
- Finally add in the scallions. Wait for them to wilt a bit then serve
Best eaten with hot white rice when you are down with the flu. Nyummeh!