“We all know sometimes life hates and troubles
Can make you wish you were born in another time and space
But you can bet your lifetimes that and twice it’s double
That God knew exactly where he wanted you to be placed”
One of the big advantages of being a blogger is that, you never lose track of where you’ve been. Sure, sometimes blogging takes up quite a bit of time, especially true with picture heavy posts. But here, in this space, you come, you blog, you reflect. I think having written posts to remind us of where we’ve succeeded and failed is a great thing to spend time on.
Here, are some of my favorites. 🙂 Have a great new years’ eve.
- Bangkok New Years’ Eve Bombing
- Bonnie and Clyde!
- Back to SHBIE and the continuation of my on and off headscarf affair.
- UNISSA announced.
- Brublogs launches
- 3 culture shocked girls celebrating Chinese New Years‘
- New camera!
- UBD goes green and friendly with the environment
- Me getting old
- My first taste of being published in a magazine
- Gained too much weight caused by those damn Eggies in a Basket
- The resourceful retired, for a more lucrative use of his time
- Organically grown rice, a scythe, and a blogger equals, a blog post
- Start Observation
- New modem 🙂
- Last BlogSpeak article and the unfortunate end of my complicated affair with the BlogSpeak column
- I remember UBD allowance came out really really late around this time.
- Met a child I probably would never ever forget.
- Girly lunch with fellow bloggers!
- End of Observation
- Technical difficulties involving battery and charger
- Lost and found my phone
- Fell in love with Hairspray
- Awesome black magic exhibition at the ICC (Part I and Part II)
- EBay rocks. New battery.
- JadeSimian back in UBD!
- The Municipal Board Scandal
- Pocong incident
- Realised how much I love Ramadhan
- Started bellydancing and loved it! I will be back soon I promise!
- Britney performed at the VMAs. Did not dance.
- Started Facebooking
- Halaqah Muslimahs Pink Hijab Campaign
- Kristal FM Tunes and Trivia: Went on the radio and sang. Lost because of it.
- Talk of the Town: Wecan and their Excellent Service
- Lost the Simpur Bloggies, but am glad to be nominated. Though it would have been nicer if I won, you know, free phone and all that.
- Discovered new heights of procrastination, and true meaning of “last minute”
- First time participation in the BSM Walk-a-Hunt!
- Girly Bloggers’ Night Out
- Fell in love with a Nintendo Wii.
- Great loss in the world: Benazir Bhutto’s assasination.
10 thoughts on “Goodbye 2007: High and Lows, Favorite Posts, Random Thoughts”
Happy New Year Maurina!
Wishing you all the luck, good health and happiness that you want for this year 🙂
I got the idea of doing this monthly list from you and isnt it great for us to read back on what we and our friends have done – and not rely on memories? Praise blogging, haha
Thanks Jewelle! Happy New Year’s to you as well!
I definitely think that this is one great advantage of blogging, having something to look back on for posterity. Especially if your memory is as bad as mine: I forgot how I actually got published a lot this year. 🙂
So here’s to another great year of learning, loving and being better people so at the end of the year, we have better things to reflect on.
Happy New Year 2008 Mau!!! wish for ur health & Happiness!! i`ll cu when i cu 🙂
Happy new year Maurina 🙂
Happy New Year Maurina! I like the bit about the April entry – more lucrative use of my time! Well…. it’s not that lucrative. Anyway, checkout the br.blogspot – you will see some changes…. Maybe 2008 will be more fun.
Wishing you a Happy New Year. I snowed heavily in Berlin, for the first time in this season and I had a bust!
And, why didn’t I think of this in the first place.
Anyway, Happy ’08, Maurina!
Happy New Year Maurina!! Drop by my blog. got a lil’ something for ya!
Thanks everyone! Sounds like everyone had a great time! 🙂
eh, you know, I was wanting to ask you last time during girly night on what happened to BlogSpeak, but well, hehe, forgot.